The Pursuit of Green

Monday, January 14, 2013

purging

Although this word seems un-appealing, it truly is a peace-maker de-stresser, make life easier thing.
I truly believe that we should always be in a constant mind state of  'purging' the un-neeeded in our lives. Re-evaluated what is needed, what is useful & what would be more useful somewhere else to someone else. Sometimes that may even be decomposing in the ground somewhere.
I have this fear, this fear of accumulating too many things. I actually get this strange anxiety when things (new, used, hand-me-downs) enter my home. There are so many times I look around and think. "where oh where did all this stuff come from"
believe me.
having kids.
makes this harder.
(but doesn't having kids make everything harder better) :)

I suppose I am mostly talking about material things that we let clog up the arteries of our homes.
But don't other non-material things also clog up our thoughts, our day?
i.e. worrying, over-analyzing, judging others...insert appropriate scripture here :)

I cleaned out my closet, this is so exhilarating, wow I'm an exciting person, I know...I'm 30 now!
It's almost like getting a new wardrobe! who am I kidding, it's nothing like getting a new wardrobe, getting a new wardrobe would be like finding out you won the fashion lottery!....but err it still feels pretty good.

I'm always in the mindset, apologies to my sweet husband...of cleaning up and cleaning out!
next on my list is the attic!

But I think we need to take time to evaluate our thoughts and what needs to be cleaned out. What are things we make ourselves believe. Make ourselves feel like we need-or things that just make us feel.
I always say this little prayer. "God take my thoughts captive and make them obedient to you"
I might almost be making it a religious thing, but it does make me stop-thinking, and start listening, and it's like God purges my mind.

Takes me thoughts captive.
Makes them obedient to His will-to His desires for me, His daughter, His princess, His Loved.

God can be very gentle and quiet.
if we just rid the clutter, the analyzing the worrying the lies we tell ourselves or let others tell us
He's there, telling us-I'm here for you. I'll give you all you need, and often His answers are far more simple than we try to make them.
He is never too little, He is never excess....He is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment