The Pursuit of Green

Thursday, January 17, 2013

distraction

How do we know what is God's opportunity vs what is a distraction?
It's being relational with God. 
You know if you heard someone say something about a friend, you would know if it were true because you know the character of your friend.
Why do I question the character of God?

I read this today...


Do you want to know God’s plan for your life? Are you willing to say yes to it before you really know what it is? Hmmm, that’s a hard question, isn’t it? Somewhere we got the idea that God puts things on a menu board and gives us the privilege of selecting those things we prefer.
That’s not how it works. God doesn’t give us a list of possibilities from which to choose; He gives us specific instructions. God wants to do incredible things in your life. He is waiting for you to have an attitude of unconditional obedience. If you want to evaluate the options before making a decision, you’ll continue living the way you are living.

It feels like such a contrast to what I typed yesterday.
This brings confusion and distraction. 
My friend says..."God takes you the easiest way you'll go"
I do believe that God provides opportunity, that doesn't mean that He doesn't want us to choose a certain path. But it teaches us to seek Him, to learn His character, recognize His voice, His truth. 

I started my Facebook fast on Thursday-writing a post of my career history and desires
Friday [the next day] the full-time job was posted.
I started a Pinterest fast on Monday-that night I learned I had an interview the following day.
RESPONSE to fasting.... & then a curve ball...an offer for part-time <-Enter confusion here.
So is this an opportunity to evaluate my desires? Or is this confusion?
years of wanting something get muffled in a days notice? typing makes me feel like the answer is easy & clear.
If I follow my desires, it will place me where God wants me to be. 
As soon as I begin to verbalize my decision, confusion comes....
Today the pursuit will be after God!

No comments:

Post a Comment