The Pursuit of Green

Monday, October 10, 2011

green dishes

Quickie post as I'm trying to load up some new pics and type a blog while both girls are napping.
So I made some homemade dishwasher detergent! yah! go green & cheap!
I found my 'recipe' on Pinterest.
1 cup of Borax: 1 cup of Washing Soda: 1/2 cup of Kosher salt: 4 packets of Lemonade Kool Aid


Mix it all up in a bowl

I'm storing mine in a mason jar, so that it looks cute sitting on a shelf in my kitchen
So simple!
You simply add 1 tbsp to your dishwasher (2 if really heavy duty pots and pans).
For a little extra clean fill your jet dry spot with some vinegar. viola! We have ran our dishwasher several times and find it's doing a GREAT job!! (and this is compared to the expensive gel detergent packets)

Happy Columbus Day to all Americans and Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians!

No comments:

Post a Comment