The Pursuit of Green

Monday, October 4, 2010

vegging out over the weekend

Saturday mornings in Williamsport means..*ahh* the local growers market :)
yummm!
I think my 1/2 year resolution will be to better plan out my week to buy ALL my veggies etc from here.
What a great way to support the community & have the best fruit/veggies!
We were planning on not going out last weekend due to my idiotic latte @ 7:30pm, which doesn't work so well with a nursed baby whose bedtime falls around 8:30/9pm..ugh! we live & we learn.
Anyway we did make it out, as we were encouraged by an invite to meet our friend's Mike & Colby down there.
Next summer we are hoping to re-create the garden in our backyard & do a little of our own local growing. But for now this is THE place to find local & fresh..organic..grass fed...free range..am I missing one?
bring your baskets, but apparently no longer your dogs :( notice closely on the sign behind Keith, next to..yes..our dog..Moose..I guess we were rebels without knowing it?
Anyway..if you haven't been you should check it out. From 8am-1pm every Saturday May-November on Pine Street in Williamsport, right in front of Hemrich's Seafood.
They also have awesome baked goods, flowers, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment